Sunday, August 15, 2010

Walking Girls!

August is already half over? Where has this miserable hot and humid month gone? I dropped my camera off at Best Buy to get repaired on August 2nd, with an estimation completion date of August 23rd. It has been a LONG 2 weeks without it!! The sound was not working when I would record, it was like watching it with the "mute" button on. So I decided to go ahead and drop it off before the one year warranty was up. And of course that's when my baby girls BOTH decide to start WALKING!! Seriously? Are you kidding me? That is just my luck!! Valerie has been taking 3-4 steps at a time for almost a month now. I know she could have started walking earlier, but she was just scared and wanted the security of holding onto something (whether my hand or coffee table, etc.!) Then low and behold her sister, Vanessa comes out of nowhere and starts to walk first!! Now Vanessa did do one thing Valerie hasn't- while sitting down, she can push herself into a standing position. Ryan called me from work last Monday night (8/9/10) and said Miss Ness was walking! Well the first thing he said was, "When is your camera going to be ready?!" She walked from our ottoman to the coffee table in the living room. He said he stopped counting after 15 steps! So of course the next day I tried to get her to walk for me and she wouldn't do it. She did her typical "walking on her knees" deal. She finally did it for me a few days ago. She looks funny walking! 1) Because she's so short. Ryan's nickname for her is "midget girl." 2) We are so used to them walking on their knees. We've been waiting for this moment for so long now! 16 1/2 months old! We were starting to worry... And what did her little "big" sister decide to do today? (8/15/10). Start walking like a big girl!! I was in our bedroom folding clothes. I look up in the door way and she's taking small steps, more than her usual 3 or 4!! She's still getting the hang of it. Slow, small baby steps. But we knew it wouldn't take her long, after her sister was getting all the attention! So now we have 2 WALKING GIRLS! EEK!! We're in trouble now! And when did all of this happen?? Yes, when I don't have my camera to capture these moments!! I did record tidbits on my Blackberry, but it's just not the same. Oh well, it'll just be a part of the story we tell when they get older!

No comments: